Wednesday, October 26, 2011

7 Takes Countdown Starting this Friday



Howdy, y'all. Since I was about ten years old, I have been making my own countdowns. Back then and until I went to college at 18, I actually wrote them out. My parents remember it, I'm sure. I would sit in my room every Sunday night from 8pm to midnight, listening to the American Country Countdown with Bob Kinsley, a voice that still makes me happy to hear it today, writing down what America decided, giving my own stars. Then at the end, from about midnight to 1am, I rewrote the countdown, using my stars and feelings at the moment to decide what songs landed 1-40. My only rule was that I did not throw in songs that hadn't made it to the countdown, yet. I had to use what was there, and then I had my own chart. It was color-coded. Filled binders. Many of 'em. I still can't believe how much printer paper my dad let me waste. Reams and reams. Oh those days of Michael Peterson, Deana Carter, old-school Kenny Chesney, Bryan White, and the early days of Brad Paisley. It took me a good two months to like his first single, Who Needs Pictures. But who's counting.

Moving on.

I have decided that I'm going to do a countdown of my own. I'll take a look at the ACC top 40 list from this past Sunday, and I'll give you what I think are the top 7 (only 7!?) from those on Friday. Next Friday, again. And so on. You get it.

I'll leave you with this.

I love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions are welcome.