Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reading Country News

So I recently got a new computer, so it is now easier for me to read news online. I've become a regular at CMT (more so than before) and CountryWeekly. It's all about gossip for the most part. I did gather two nice pieces of information. CMT is having a show on tonight (that I can't watch because I don't have cable) called "The 40 Greatest Love Songs." I wish I could watch this. I was just thinking in the car earlier today that the song "He Stopped Loving Her Today" just may be the best love song of all time. I also found the list of nominations for the ACMs, which will be on April 3rd on CBS. That's good news. Then, I made the mistake of scrolling down to the comments, something I have seen my husband do a lot when he reads sports news. Wow! People have a lot of very nasty things to say. Tons of people actually hate Taylor Swift, among others, but her most strongly. Is this some kind of internet thing? People go to articles and start bashing people? Trolling? Is that what it's called? It sounds right. You must be some kind of a fictional mythical monster to think that is a good idea. I get complaints about people being snubbed, as they say, but not negative comments. "Maybe it's me and my blind optimism to blame..." but why not just have your country music and love it. If there's some stuff you don't like, so. So? So. Radio is great. Appreciate the freedom to hear it, but don't abuse your freedom of speech so. Gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions are welcome.