Friday, October 15, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday - Seven Non-Radio Taylor Swift Songs

http://www.conversiondiary.com/

Since we're in Taylor Swift mode today, I decided to dedicate my Seven Quick Takes to her this week.
If you get confused by the wood and plastic stuff, please see this old post.

#7. "Last Christmas" - on Taylor's Sounds of the Season album
This song, obviously, isn't a Taylor original, but she does it some excellent justice. Thanks to a dear friend for getting me an album I never would have bought myself. I have never really liked the whole Christmas album thing. I don't need everyone's version of Silent Night. But this is one Christmas album I'm certainly glad I've got. And this song is great. Really great.
Five stars!
Wood

#6. "Breathe" - from Fearless
I love this song. It's sad, it's quiet, it's one of Taylor's less...childlike. It's one of her best. Why didn't we put this one on the radio?
Five Stars
Glass

#5. "Tied Together with a Smile" - from Taylor Swift
This is one of my favorite kinds of songs. Like Tim McGraw's "Just to See You Smile," it's heartbreaking, but upbeat. Taylor does it well.
Four Stars
Wood

#4. "Invisible" - from Taylor Swift
Her voice and the music is beautiful. I remember the feeling. It's so lovely. Thanks.
Four Stars
Glass

#3. "The Way I Loved You" - from Fearless
I like highly emotional songs, even if I can't connect, they're great.
Three Stars
Steely Plastic - odd mix, I know.

#2. "Speak Now" - newest single not on radio, yet - from Speak Now
Why didn't she release this one first? I like "Mine" a little, but this song is way more fun.
Five Stars
Plastic  - no disrespect intended

#1. "Mary's Song" - from Taylor Swift
Another really fun one - the whole album is great, yes, but this just may be my favorite of all.
Four and a Half Stars
Wood all the way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions are welcome.