Friday, September 17, 2010

Seven Quick Takes Friday - Seven Most Annoying Songs on Country Radio RIGHT NOW

I'm going to do a very long post about my problem with country radio soon. This is just a nice little tease. Just so we're clear, it's not just country music radio that I don't like. It's all of it.

#7. Trailerhood - Toby Keith
I like the video, though.

#6. Smoke a Little Smoke - Eric Church
There's some big ol' end of summer high going down right now. Lots of obnoxious party songs, drink, smoke, do stupid things. Woohoo. Okay, I'm done.

#5. My Kinda Party - Jason Aldean
Come on, Jason A., not you too.

#4. Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer - Billy Currington
See, another.

#3. All About Tonight - Blake Shelton
Yeah, that's three in a row singers I just love to love, singing about getting drunk. And Eric Church, too. Look, yes, country music should have some beer in it, better yet, some whiskey. Ask Hank. But this beer drunk, it's a pretty stupid drunk. Oh, and if it's all about tonight, what are you gonna do tomorrow when you wake up and realize you're a jerk?

#2. Turn on the Radio - Reba McEntire
Have you seen this video? No, Reba's not twenty-five. She's probably more like twice that. Yet, her new stuff lately just screams midlife crisis. I love the old Reba. New Reba is somebody else and pretty yucky.

#1. Undo It - Carrie Underwood
And oh, they play it a lot. I understand that it spent around five weeks on the top of the CMT.com music video charts. Carrie, the girl who got our attention with her heartfelt love for virtue and Jesus has been putting out rock songs with music videos showing more leg every time. The new Shania? No thanks. Let's not sell out, please, hon.

And, just a few more who didn't make it to the top seven: Uncle Kracker: Smile; and just some over-played ones, I actually love them but hate what radio is doing to them: This Ain't Nothin' - Craig Morgan; Love Like Crazy - Lee Brice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions are welcome.