Friday, September 3, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday - Seven best Mother-Daughter Tunes

In honor of my brand new beautiful baby girl, I will dedicate my first Quick Takes Friday to her. These are my all-time favorite Mother-Daughter country songs:

#7 This is the newest one on my list: The Roys - Everything I Wanted













#6 In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride
I do not love the sounds in this one, but the words are amazingly sweet and absolutely perfect.



#5 The Best Day - Taylor Swift
When I first heard this song, I had to take the album over to my mom's house and play this song for her. The upbeat tempo is nice to have when you're going to cry about it anyway.



#4 Baby Girl - Sugarland
This song came out when I was in my late teens/early twenties - the best time for a song like that to be a big influence.



#3 You Can't Lose Me - Faith Hill
My sister told my mom about this song a dozen years ago or so. My sister and I both ran cross country in high school, so it really hit us. And, as you all know, moms are there even when you get last place, which we all do sometime.



#2 Somebody's Hero - Jamie O'Neal
I confess it, I am a sap. I left the two saddest and sweetest for last. They are the best, too.
I picked the middle verse of the tryptich to share for this song.



 She didn't get a check every week like a nine-to fiver
But she's been a waiter, and a cook and a taxi driver
For twenty years, there at home, until the day her girl was grown
Giving all her love to her was her life's ambition
But now her baby's movin' on, and she'll soon be missin' her
But not today, those are tears of joy runnin' down her face
She's somebody's hero
A hero to her daughter in her wedding dress
She gave her wings to leave the nest
It hurts to let her baby go down the aisle she walks right by
Looks back into her mother's eyes
And that smile lets her know oh oh oh
She's somebody's hero


#1 Letting Go - Suzy Bogguss



Mother sits down at the table

So many things she'd like to do
Spend more time out in the garden
Now she can get those books read too.
She's had 18 years to get ready for this day
She should be past the tears, she cries some anyway.
Oh oh letting go
There's nothing in the way now,
Oh letting go, there's room enough to fly
And even though, she's spent her whole life waiting,
It's never easy letting go.


7 Quick Takes Idea from my friend Calah at barefootandpregnant.blogspot.com from a friend of hers at conversiondiary.com.

Pictures from album covers except:
The Roys - The Roys website - http://www.theroyscountry.com/

Album Cover Pictures from CMT.com.

1 comment:

  1. I love your quick takes! You made me cry, you sap! Now I have to find all these songs and listen to them. Thanks Janet!

    ReplyDelete

Opinions are welcome.